BANKRUPTCY REPRESENTATION FOR YOU: PERSONAL & BUSINESS
CHAPTER 7 LIQUIDATION AND CHAPTER 13 REORGANIZATION
Too Much Debt?
Do you need Debt Counseling?
Please call for a Free
Having practiced bankruptcy law for over 20 years I have represented many different types
of clients. But the most important goal in representing clients should be competence and
providing the information to make the right decisions. Sometimes the best option is not to file
However, usually if individuals are in financial distress, the best option is to file bankruptcy.
Debt Issues & Financial Problems usually do not go away on their own!
Typical Questions Regarding Bankruptcy Might Include the Following:
(1) Do I qualify to file bankruptcy? Unless you have filed a Chapter 7 within 8 Years normally you will qualify.
(2) Can I keep my property after bankruptcy? Given the Exemption Statutes in Oklahoma usually
all of your property can be retained. But always ask your attorney at the consultation about any issues that
you have with property, in particular family transactions that involve your personal property.
(3) Will I lose my home? Filing a Chapter 7 Does not Affect your Home you still have to make your
payments. You can also file for a modification after you receive your bankruptcy discharge. The bankruptcy
discharge is the document that concludes your bankruptcy and eliminates all of your dischargable debts.
Some Debts will not be Discharged such as tax debts and child support orders.
(4) Why File a Chapter 13 bankruptcy? A Chapter 13 bankruptcy is a reorganization of your debts. If you
are behind in your payments on a vehicle or on your home you can file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy to catch up on those
arrearages or deficiencies. The other two reasons to file a Chapter 13 are if you are over the "means gross income test" or you have tax debts that need to be paid. Many of my clients in the past were "juggling" all of their debt payments. Chapter 13 Bankruptcy allows you to prioritize and pay the "Priority" Debts before the unsecured debts. Usually in a Chapter 13 bankruptcy most of the unsecured debts will not be paid while the client receives a discharge on all debts as allowed by federal law.
My Success Rate with Chapter 13 Bankruptcies is also Very Good. Please come in for a free consultation.
I want you to be successful and complete your Plan!
(5) What is this "bankruptcy means test" I have heard about? The "Means Test" is based on your family income for your family size minus the normal operating expenses (as determined by the federal government) and minus your secured & miscellaneous debts as allowed by the Federal Bankruptcy Laws.
The means test does not effect most clients but it does have to be filed with every case. But if you are a client with significant income and your expenses seem formidable do not give up on filing bankruptcy before you speak to a seasoned bankruptcy attorney. I always can give you advice on such matters.
The U.S. Bankruptcy Trustee's Office has information on it's Web Site about this test if you desire to look it up.
(6) Is it really expensive to file bankruptcy? The expense of filing a Bankruptcy is actually quite inexpensive compared to the benefits that Debtors will receive upon their Discharge. Please do not wait until your House is about to go up for Sheriff's Auction or you are being Garnished by a Credit Card Company or you are being called by the Internal Revenue Service on a Tax Debt. Seek Advice today so that you know what you're alternatives are.
*** My attorney fees & costs are very competitively priced ***
(7) Most individuals also do not realize that even if they have filed a Chapter 7 Bankruptcy case they will usually still be eligible to file a Chapter 13 Reorganization Case.
(8) There is no reason to feel guilt about debt but you do need a solution!
Here is a partial list of some Notable Americans who have had to file Bankruptcy:
Thomas Jefferson, Walt Disney, Milton Hershey, Donald Trump & Dorothy Hamill.
(9) How is a Student Loan Treated in Bankruptcy? Most People know that student loans are not dischargable in bankruptcy. However, if you file a Chapter 13 Bankruptcy these student loans are treated as unsecured creditors. So even though the student loans are not discharged you can pay what you can afford until you are employed with more income.
(10) Operating a Small Business in the United States now is probably as hard as it's ever been. Many small business owners decide they want their Fresh Start and File a Chapter 7 Liquidation. Sometimes they can even keep their tools of the trade. These cases can be a little complicated so a consultation on the best course of action will be needed. But never assume anything before seeking guidance from a Seasoned Bankruptcy Attorney.
Sometimes just by filing a Chapter 13 Reorganization you can get through the bad times and turn your company into a thriving business.
(11) What about my credit score and credit reports after filing bankruptcy? The Two Components of a Credit Report are generally your income and your creditor payment history. Since anyone filing for Bankruptcy has "credit issues" the credit scores are generally low to begin with. Improving your credit scores after you file bankruptcy includes not only not overspending but always paying your bills on time. Dave Ramsey is probably the most renowned expert on getting your financial lives back into "shape". Dave Ramsey also filed Bankruptcy.
***** I serve the Greater OKC/Norman Area including towns south, east and west of Norman Oklahoma.
I care about you as a person and client and will use my experience to give you the personal legal representation that you deserve ****
GET YOUR FRESH START TODAY!
YOUR 30 MINUTE DRIVE AND ONE HOUR CONSULTATION WILL BE AN EYE OPENER!
There is also a lot of misinformation & myths about bankruptcy. Please do not believe everything you hear about bankruptcy.
Sincerely, Mike Patterson, Attorney at Law
224 West Gray Street, Suite 203, Norman Oklahoma 73069
Located in Olde Town Square Across the Street from the Post
Office Parking Lot - Close to Downtown Norman, Oklahoma
My Business Telephone is: 405-321-0215
My Direct Email Address Is: Mikeddpp@gmail.com
My Direct Email Address Is: Mikeddpp@gmail.com
- Yes Bankruptcy Can Relieve Your Stress and Give you the Fresh Start You Need!